Monday, November 9, 2015

An Open Letter...

This is an open letter to all the women who are too embarrassed to go to the spa.

Listen... I got into this industry so I could empower women and make them feel beautiful! So to all the women who have ever gotten on my table and apologized - stop it. To all the women who have never gotten on my table because they couldn't bear the thought of a stranger seeing their deepest insecurities - stop it. I will speak for MOST Estheticians when I say we did not get into this industry to judge you for not being perfect - we got into this industry because we wanted to make you feel perfect just the way you are! Our job is to enhance what you've already got so that you can see how beautiful you really are.

I get it... you are vulnerable when you're on my table. You come in here with no makeup on, and then I have the nerve to shine a bright light over your face, and look at it through a magnifying lamp. But I remind you - I am not judging your face/skin/chin hair/whatever, I am assessing your skin, and listening to your concerns so I can create a game plan for you. I will then customize an amazing facial for you and educate you on how to target those concerns at home, and take care of you, and your largest organ - your skin.

Sometimes you come here, because you've got hair. So don't apologize for being hairy. A please don't apologize to me that I have to look at your vagina to make a living. I choose this career, and I'm not sorry one bit! Don't apologize for asking if I can wax your tummy while I'm at it, or the extra hair on your buttocks. If it bothers you, I remove it, you feel more confident - whether it's for your own comfort, or so you can feel more comfortable in the bedroom is none of my business, and really doesn't matter, as long as YOU are happy.  You see, we're people pleasers, us Estheticians. All we want is to see a big giant smile on your face when you leave our spa.

You're not the first person to have hair on your lip, chin, cheeks, forehead, nipples, tummy, back, buttocks.... you name it - I've seen it before. It doesn't bother me. It's my job - it's what I am here for! So just ask! And if you're not sure what a Brazilian wax is, or if you want one, just ask me - I will answer any and all your questions until YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE.

Please, don't be shy. If you always wanted to try XYZ, but you're not sure what it's all about, I encourage you to step outside your comfort zone, ask questions, and just try it! I promise you won't regret it. You may even want to make it a monthly endeavor!


1 comment: